• FANOSA Insulpanel is a foam-core structural panel sandwiched between two sheet metal skins.
• The Integrated thermal insulation, allows for an efficient use of utilities invested in cooling or heating, providing for a highly energy efficient construction system.
• This system is composed of a self-extinguishing grade Expanded Polystyrene material (EPS) core of different densities, ranging from 1.0 to 2.0 lb/ft3 bonded to galvanized pre-painted sheet metal.
• The sheet metal skins are manufactured in 26 Gauge (Standard) .
• Insulpanel is manufactured in a continuous process, allowing to provide long panels to fit the project needs. The panel lengths are usually limited by the transport capabilities. However, it is recommended that the customer consider its transportability, storage, field handling and lifting. Panel width is supplied in 46”. The thickness can range from 2” (minimum) up to 10” (maximum).
Product Delivery Storage and Handling
1. Insulpanel Packaging: Product is carefully packaged in stacks of panels and Polystyrene sheets are used as protectors on the upper and lower parts of the stack. The stack´s heigth depends on the thickness of the panel. The stack´s are placed on top of pallets at the ends and at every 2m in between. Corners are protected with wooden corner protectors and the entire stack is covered by Stretch wrap.
2. Unloading: Material unloading can be done using cranes, forklifts or manually. 1. Crane unloading: It is recommended to use Nylon straps with at least 4” in width so the panel´s are not damaged when maneuvering. Ropes and steel cables are to be avoided for unloading. It is recommended to use corner protectors or other means to ensure that the product is not marked in the areas where it is held by the straps during the crane maneuvers. For panels greater than 6 m in length (19 ft) it is recommended to use a lift beam in order to place the belts as close to the end´s as possible thus distributing the weight during the crane maneuver. Generally speaking, for stacks shorter than 6.00 m (19ft), it is recommended to place 2 straps during the lifting operations , if the stacks are longer than 6.00 m (19 ft), an additional strap should be used for every additional 2 meters of length of the panel. If the panels are placed over the building´s idler, care should be taken to ensure that the surface of each stack that makes contact with the structure is the support area that protects the material. If this is not possible another medium must be used to provide the support and prevent any damages to the bottom panel of the stack.